Buttery, flaky pie dough filled with a delicious pumpkin-spiced filling.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
For the crust
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) Butter, cut and cubed 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) Butter, cut and cubed
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups Ice Water 1/4 - 1/2 cups Ice Water
For the filling
- 2 15oz cans Pumpkin Puree 2 15oz cans Pumpkin Puree
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 teaspoon water) Egg wash (1 egg + 1 teaspoon water)
Make the pie crust
Mix the flour, salt, and Domino® Golden Sugar together. With your fingers, work in the butter until you have pea-sized clumps. Slowly add in a tablespoon of ice water at a time. The dough should start to form large clumps if pressed together but should be relatively dry at this point. Turn the dough onto a work surface and push dough together to form one cohesive ball. It may take a little time to work it together, about 2-3 minutes. Once the dough comes together, pat into a round disc then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
After the pie crust has rested, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Roll out the pie dough into an 18x13” rectangle. Place into jelly roll pan. Press the edges down with a fork or pinch with your fingers. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
Remove the pie crust from the oven and let cool. While the crust cools, make the filling.
Make the filling
In a bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, Domino® Light Brown Sugar, eggs, cream, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg until smooth.
In a small bowl, mix together the egg and water to make egg wash.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust. Brush the edges of the crust with the egg wash.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes.
Let cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Pie Dough: Use very cold butter which will help create a beautiful flaky crust.
Go easy on the water, add a little at a time.
Work on a well-floured surface to ensure the dough won’t stick.
While rolling out the pie dough with a rolling pin, be sure to turn the dough each time you roll the dough with the rolling pin. This will prevent it from sticking.