- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2 lb.) bag Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 20-25 minutes / Yields: 36 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 36 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat butter and sugar in large mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl with each addition. On low speed, add sour cream, milk, vinegar, vanilla and food coloring. Slowly add in flour mixture and blend until just combined. Do not overmix. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched. Remove from oven; cool completely in pan.
Beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add in sugar; beat until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in vanilla; continue beating for 1 minute.