This delicious, easy to make sauce, is perfect to drizzle over ice cream, bread pudding, roasted apples or pancakes.
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea salt 3/4 teaspoon Sea salt
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water and stir to combine. Cook mixture, at medium heat, without stirring, until the sugar turns into caramel with a deep amber color.
When the caramel is ready, add the heavy cream and whisk mixture until it is smooth. Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix until smooth.
Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Before using, heat it up in the microwave or stovetop for desired consistency.