Baked Pumpkin Donuts with a Sugar and Pumpkin Spice coating
- 2 Cups Cake Flour 2 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2.5 teaspoons Pumpkin Spice 2.5 teaspoons Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 Cup 1 Cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Large Egg Yolk 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 1/4 Cups 1 1/4 Cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray two 6-count donut pans with non-stick baking spray.
Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, salt, and Domino® Golden Sugar in a medium bowl and stir together with a hand whisk.
In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
Next, spoon half of the flour mixture into the pumpkin puree mixture. Stir with a rubber spatula until combined and you no longer see flour streaks. Then repeat with the other half of the flour mixture.
Transfer batter to large piping bag and pipe into pans. Fill donut wells ¾ full. Gently bang pan on counter to level batter.
Place donut pans on middle rack and bake for 14-16 minutes until lightly golden and bounce back when gently pressed with finger.
Place pans on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
Carefully tilt pan to let donuts slide onto cooling rack to completely cool.
Meanwhile, mix Domino® Golden Sugar and pumpkin spice in a large shallow bowl.
Take a single donut and brush melted butter onto one side with pastry brush. Dip into sugar coating and repeat with other side. Place donut onto serving dish.
Repeat coating with remaining donuts.
Use room temperature sour cream and eggs. If you don’t have a piping bag, simply use a resealable storage bag and snip off one corner with scissors.