A soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie infused with strawberry flavor. It tastes like a chocolate-covered strawberry in cookie form! Freeze-dried strawberries give this cookie an irresistible natural strawberry flavor and a subtle pink hue.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
Meet the Chef: Amanda Powell
Amanda is the recipe developer and food photographer behind A Cookie Named Desire. Her love of cooking and baking developed slowly since she was a child and eventually blossomed into something more while living in London and seeing the faces of her friends light up when enjoying her baked goods. She started A Cookie Named Desire as a way to spread more joy and sweetness. She hopes her recipes can help people create happy memories and traditions in the kitchen with the people they love and care for.
- ⅓ cup Powdered freeze-dried strawberries ⅓ cup Powdered freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour 2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ tablespoon Arrowroot starch ½ tablespoon Arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 13 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted and cooled 13 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Domino® Golden Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg, room temperature 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 large Egg yolk, room temperature 1 large Egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chocolate (chips or chopped bar) 1 cup Chocolate (chips or chopped bar)
Add freeze-dried strawberries into a food processer and pulse until the strawberries are reduced to a fine powder. Measure out ⅓ cup.
Mix together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, arrowroot starch, salt, and strawberry powder. Set aside.
Melt your unsalted butter slowly. Heat until a small amount of the butter is still solid, and stirring until it fully melts to reduce cooling time.
Beat the butter, Domino® Golden Sugar, and Domino® Light Brown Sugar until it becomes light and fluffy - about 3 - 4 minutes.
Add in the egg, yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well-incorporated - about another 2 minutes.
Stir in the flour mixture until just combined and there are no streaks of flour.
Fold in the chocolate. If you are using whole chocolate bars, roughly chop them.
Chill the dough for at least one hour, or up to a day.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Portion out the dough into balls roughly 1 ½ tablespoons big.
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 12 - 14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The longer the cookies chill, the better they will taste as the strawberry flavor has more time to infuse into the other ingredients.
Use chopped chocolate over chocolate chips to create delicious pools of chocolate in the cookies when you bite into them.
It is important to let the cookies rest on the baking sheet before transferring them otherwise they may fall apart when transferring them.
For added strawberry chocolate flavor, drizzle the cookies with more chocolate and sprinkle with crushed freeze-dried strawberries.