A sweet, spicy and savory side dish by blogger Overtime Cook that’s the perfect complement for any meal.
- 2 large Acorn Squash 2 large Acorn Squash
- ½ cup Olive Oil ½ cup Olive Oil
- Domino® Golden Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha or Hot Sauce 2 Tablespoons Sriracha or Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Wash acorn squash well. Cut in half along the length, then cut each half into half-ring slices, about 1/4 inch each. Line acorn squash slices up in a single layer on prepared baking sheets; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until smooth.
Brush a generous layer of sauce over each of the acorn squash slices, then flip and brush the other side as well.
Bake for about 40 minutes, until cooked through. Turn oven to broil. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the tops start to caramelize and serve.
Sweet and Spicy Acorn Squash is best enjoyed fresh, but can be prepared a day or two ahead of time, if necessary. For best results, serve at room temperature instead of reheating.