Sweet and spicy turkey meatballs by blogger Dward Cooks make a crowd-pleasing appetizer perfect for game day.
Domino® Golden Sugar
Domino® Golden Sugar, the less-processed sugar you can use more freely in all your favorite foods. Made from pure cane sugar, it works cup-for-cup just like white sugar, but has a beautiful golden color and a distinct hint of molasses flavor.
- Domino® Golden Sugar 6 tbsp 6 tbsp Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sambal oelek 1 tbsp Sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Water 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce) 1 tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cornstarch 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 lb. Lean ground turkey 2 lb. Lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Dried parsley 2 tsp Dried parsley
- 2 tsp Garlic powder 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 Eggs 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Kosher salt 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper 1 tsp Black pepper
- Sesame seeds Sesame seeds
- Scallions Scallions
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Combine all turkey meatball ingredients. Portion out 40 1oz . meatballs using a mini ice cream scoop or scale.
Spray a baking sheet with preferred cooking spray and place meatballs on baking sheet. Cook meatballs for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
While meatballs are cooking, assemble sauce.
Combine Domino® Golden Sugar, sambal oelek, rice vinegar, ½ c water, and tamari in a pot and bring to a low boil while stirring.
When the sauce begins to boil, combine cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water to make a slurry. Add slurry to the sauce.
The sauce will begin to thicken and get glossy. Bring sauce back up to a boil while mixing and remove from heat when the sauce is thick and coating the spoon/whisk.
Once meatballs are fully cooked, toss meatballs directly in the sauce.
Top sweet chili turkey meatballs with sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions. Serve with toothpicks.
For more spice, add another tbsp. of sambal oelek. For added sweetness, add another ¼ cup of Domino® Golden Sugar and ¼ c of water or orange juice. Cook sauce for another minute to thicken and serve.