Holiday time calls for all things peppermint! Combining the sweet, creamy taste of white chocolate with peppermint creates for one fine holiday confection in the form of White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge. No sweetened condensed milk needed for this recipe either. The secret ingredient plus the shining star in this recipe, Domino® Golden Sugar, bring this fudge to life just in time for your holiday festivities.
For Simple Syrup
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1/4 cup Warm water 1/4 cup Warm water
For Marshmallow Creme
- 1/3 cup Water 1/3 cup Water
- Domino® Golden Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 4 ounces Egg whites 4 ounces Egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of tartar 1/2 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- Pinch Kosher salt Pinch Kosher salt
For the Fudge
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Marshmallow creme (from recipe above) 1 cup Marshmallow creme (from recipe above)
- 1 1/4 cups White chocolate baking bars, chopped or white chocolate chips 1 1/4 cups White chocolate baking bars, chopped or white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint extract 1 teaspoon Peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies 1/4 cup Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
For the Marshmallow Creme
In a medium saucepan, make a simple syrup by dissolving the Domino Golden Sugar in ¼ cup warm water. Continue stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. To the saucepan, add the ⅓ cup water and remaining ¾ cup Domino® Golden Sugar. Clip on a candy thermometer and heat on medium heat until the mixture reaches 240°F / 115ºC (soft ball stage), about 10-15 minutes
While the sugar mixture is coming to temperature, add the egg whites to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk using the whisk attachment until foamy. Increase the speed to high and add the cream of tartar and salt. Continue to mix until soft peaks form
Once the sugar mixture has reached 240°F / 115ºC, carefully remove it from the heat and let rest for about a minute off the heat. With the mixer running on high, slowly stream the sugar mixture into the egg whites. After all the sugar has been added, continue whisking on high for 7-8 minutes, or until the outside of the mixing bowl no longer feels hot
For the White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine Domino® Golden Sugar, butter, and heavy cream over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the butter is completely melted and the mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes. Turn the heat up to medium and boil without stirring for one minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the marshmallow creme and white chocolate. Stir until melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the peppermint extract and stir until combined.
Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with crushed candy canes, gently pressing into the fudge.
Chill the fudge in the fridge until firm, at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.
Store leftover marshmallow creme in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month
When using peppermint extract, remember less is more. Too much extract will leave your fudge tasting like toothpaste.
Be sure to use Peppermint extract rather than Mint or Spearmint
Fudge should be stored in an airtight container with parchment or wax paper between the layers. Store in the fridge for up to one week
Fudge may be frozen for up to 3 months, storing in an airtight container similarly to how you would store it in the fridge. Thaw at room temperature at least 2 hours before serving