An elegant dessert that is simple to make. In partnership with blogger Lion's Bread, these White Wine Sangria Poached Pears made with Domino Golden Sugar® will elevate your next gathering.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
Meet the Chef: LeAnne Shor
Meet LeAnne, the baker and author behind Lion's Bread blog - elevated, unfussy recipes from scratch for the home baker. She's a mom of 4 very little ones, and she loves the slower pace of her micro-farm in the country.
- 2.5 cups dry white wine (Sauvignon blanc) 2.5 cups dry white wine (Sauvignon blanc)
- 1/4 cup brandy 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup water 1 cup water
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Rind of 1 lemon Rind of 1 lemon
- Rind and juice of 1 orange Rind and juice of 1 orange
- 3 pears, peeled cored and halved 3 pears, peeled cored and halved
Place all of the ingredients in a medium size sauce pan. Bring the liquid to a quick boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pears are soft but not mushy.
Remove the pears and place them in a heat proof dish, then return the pan and the juices to high heat and reduce the simmering liquid down until it is thickened. This should take 20 minutes
Serve the pears at room temperature with lightly whipped cream, the thickened syrup from the juices, and a sprinkle of toasted chopped nuts (optional).