An elegant dessert that is simple to make. In partnership with blogger Lion's Bread, these White Wine Sangria Poached Pears made with Domino Golden Sugar® will elevate your next gathering.
- 2.5 cups dry white wine (Sauvignon blanc) 2.5 cups dry white wine (Sauvignon blanc)
- 1/4 cup brandy 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup water 1 cup water
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Rind of 1 lemon Rind of 1 lemon
- Rind and juice of 1 orange Rind and juice of 1 orange
- 3 pears, peeled cored and halved 3 pears, peeled cored and halved
Place all of the ingredients in a medium size sauce pan. Bring the liquid to a quick boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pears are soft but not mushy.
Remove the pears and place them in a heat proof dish, then return the pan and the juices to high heat and reduce the simmering liquid down until it is thickened. This should take 20 minutes
Serve the pears at room temperature with lightly whipped cream, the thickened syrup from the juices, and a sprinkle of toasted chopped nuts (optional).