These delightfully creative donuts taste like fresh apples and get their sweetness from Domino® Light Brown Sugar. They are sure to be a number one pick with your friends and family.
For the Donuts
- 1 cup Apple cider 1 cup Apple cider
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Sour cream 1/4 cup Sour cream
For the Topping
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- Domino® Powdered Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Apple cider 4 tablespoons Apple cider
Place the apple cider in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cider reduces to ½ cup. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 (6-count) donut pans with non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
Add flour mixture and reduced apple cider alternately ending the process with flour mixture. Continue mixing until well incorporated. Scrape the bowl as needed. Add sour cream, mix until well combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pans. Fill them ¾ of the way. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow the donuts to cool down for 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
While the donuts are baking, mix light brown sugar with granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Prepare the icing by mixing powdered sugar with 4 tablespoons of apple cider.
While the donuts are still warm, coat them with the sugar-cinnamon mixture or ice them with apple cider icing. Serve warm.
The moisture in Domino Light Brown Sugar, allows for the sugar-cinnamon topping to stick better to the donuts as well as adding an extra layer of flavor.