Delicious and moist apple cake, with flavors of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter (softened) ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter (softened)
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 3 Large eggs (room temperature) 3 Large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups All-purpose flour 1 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg ½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1 lemon Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 Apple, peeled and grated (about 1 cup) 1 Apple, peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
- Domino® Powdered Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Powdered Sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch spring-form pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. At low speed, add the eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and lemon zest until well combined. Slowly, add the flour mixture and beat at low speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add apple and sour cream. Mix for 1 minute until just combined.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
Sift confectioners’ sugar over the top.