Banana Bread is the best treat for any day of the week. Whether it’s for breakfast, a snack or dessert, Domino® Sugar gives this moist, fluffy bread a delectable flavor that’s sure to delight.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed or pureed ripe banana (about 4 medium) 1 1/2 cups mashed or pureed ripe banana (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1 cup packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Optional: 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans Optional: 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or line with parchment on bottom and sides
In mixing bowl, whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, bananas, sugar, and melted butter. Stir dry ingredients into beaten wet ingredients just until just moistened. Batter can be lumpy. Fold in optional nuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan and level the top. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely before slicing.
The perfect bananas for banana bread will have a mostly blackened skin and a texture too mushy to be desirable for eating. Less ripe bananas will not be as sweet and might also yield more volume when mashed or pureed. Use the 1 ½ cup guideline to determine the amount of mashed or pureed bananas.