6 caramel apples
- 2 1/2 cups nuts, chopped (any kind)
- 1 cup packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 medium apples, stems removed
- 6 wooden skewers or Popsicle sticks
Grease cookie sheet. Place chopped nuts on a dinner plate and set aside.
In a saucepan, combine sugars, corn syrup and water. Cook over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until sugars are dissolved and begins to boil.
Boil without stirring until mixture reaches soft crack stage (270°F on candy thermometer).
Stir in butter and vanilla.
Insert skewer in stem end of each apple and swirl in syrup until coated. Remove quickly and roll in the nuts to coat. Stand on cookie sheet to cool.
Apples from the produce section are usually coated in wax. Dip your apple into a pot of boiling water for about 10 seconds, then wipe the wax off. This will help the caramel to adhere.