Crunchy chocolate-dipped biscotti with pecans are a total crowd pleaser and so much fun to make! Make this recipe by Well Seasoned Studio.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
Meet the Chef: Ari Laing
Hi - I'm Ari! A trained NYC chef, food photographer, and recipe developer sharing elevated yet unfussy recipes! Come check out my blog, Well Seasoned, to learn about the importance of working with high quality ingredients and to grab all my tips and tricks to help you become more efficient in your kitchen!
- 2 cups All-purpose flour 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted and cooled 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Large Eggs 2 Large Eggs
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- 1¼ cup Pecans, finely chopped, divided 1¼ cup Pecans, finely chopped, divided
- 1 ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and cinnamon.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, Domino® Golden Sugar, and vanilla bean paste. Add half of flour mixture, then fold gently to combine.
Add remaining half of flour and 1 cup chopped pecans, then fold until just combined and some streaks of flour remain. Dough will be very sticky.
Dampen hands slightly with water. Divide dough evenly in two, then form each half into a rectangular log, about 8” x 3” long and about 3⁄4” tall, making sure to leave about 4” of space between logs on baking sheet. Continue to wet hands as needed if dough begins to stick. Smooth sides and tops of logs.
Bake for 25 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway through. Let cool 10-15 minutes, then transfer logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife slice each log into 1” thick pieces.
Return biscotti to baking sheet, lining them up on their sides. Bake for an additional 25 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
When cool, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 15 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted and completely smooth.
Dip cooled biscotti in melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Immediately sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans. Allow chocolate to harden, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container and eat within 1 week.