- 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar Easy Baking Tub
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons for sprinkling Domino® Granulated Sugar Easy Baking Tub
Prep Time : 15 minutes / Cook Time : 8 minutes / Yields: 2 dozen cookies
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper.
In a large bowl of an electric mixer beat sugar, butter, and shortening at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat mixture until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour and mix until combined.
Using a small ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto lined sheet pans. Flatten slightly with hand. Sprinkle the additional 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the cookies. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cookies rest for 5 minutes. Remove from cooking sheets to cooling racks.