Classic scones. Slightly sweet with dried cranberries and orange zest.
Domino® Golden Sugar
Domino® Golden Sugar, the less-processed sugar you can use more freely in all your favorite foods. Made from pure cane sugar, it works cup-for-cup just like white sugar, but has a beautiful golden color and a distinct hint of molasses flavor.
- 2 cups All-purpose flour 2 cups All-purpose flour
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, cold and diced 1 stick Unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 2/3 cup Dried cranberries 2/3 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated orange zest (1 orange) 1 teaspoon Freshly grated orange zest (1 orange)
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream, cold 2/3 cup Heavy cream, cold
- 2 large Eggs 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Water 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Turbinado Sugar 2 tablespoons Domino® Turbinado Sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or a fork, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until butter is the size of peas. Stir in cranberries and orange zest.
In a small cup, mix 1 egg and cold cream. Add all at once to the flour mixture stirring until moistened.
Dump the dough into a well-floured surface. Knead the dough 3 or 4 times and form into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and press into an 8-inch circle, about 1-inch thick.
Prepare an egg wash with the remaining egg and water. Brush the scones with the egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut into 8 even wedges. Do not separate.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and scones are firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow the scones to cool down. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Serve scones with whipped butter and orange marmalade.