Inside the cake, as part of its crumble topping and drizzled over the entire moist, delicious creation, the sweetness of Domino® Sugar shines.
For the Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 4 large Eggs, at room temperature 4 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups All-purpose flour 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Sour cream, at room temperature 1 cup Sour cream, at room temperature
For the Crumble Topping
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup All-purpose flour ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter, cold and in cubes 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter, cold and in cubes
- ½ cup Almonds, sliced ½ cup Almonds, sliced
For the Glaze
- Domino® Powdered Sugar 2 cups 2 cups Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Milk 2-3 tablespoons Milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
Prepare the crumble topping by mixing all the dry ingredients. Then add the cold butter and pinch with your fingers until you form a crumble. Add the almonds. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar at medium speed for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. With the mixer at low speed, add eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. With the mixture at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture until just combined. Add sour cream and mix until all ingredients are combined. Do not over beat.
Add half the batter into the prepared tube pan. Then add ¾ cups of crumble mixture. Pour the rest of the batter and finish with the rest of the crumble. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove from pan and transfer to a baking rack allowing to cool completely.
In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and milk. Adjust the amount of milk until the glaze has a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake and serve.