Domino® Light Brown Sugar adds impressive depth of flavor to this energy-packed mix of nuts, seeds and granola that’s great on a hike—or at home.
For the Slurry
- 1 tablespoon Orange juice 1 tablespoon Orange juice
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
For the Granola
- 1 cup Old fashioned rolled oats 1 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons Unsweetened coconut flakes 4 tablespoons Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Pecans 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Dried cherries 1 cup Dried cherries
- 1 cup Coconut flakes 1 cup Coconut flakes
- 1 cup Dried pineapple 1 cup Dried pineapple
Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment.
In a large bowl, combine oats, unsweetened coconut flakes, chia seeds, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, over medium-heat, stir slurry ingredients together until mixture comes to a simmer and all the sugar dissolves. Stir in pecans until well coated then stir coated pecans into a bowl with dry ingredients until pecans are well coated with oats mixture.
Turn mixture onto the prepared sheet pan, spreading the mixture out in a single layer. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Add dried cherries, coconut flakes, and dried pineapple. Cool completely before serving.
Store granola in an airtight container, in a cool dry place up to 2 months.