Granola Pecan Trail Mix
2 ½ cups
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag freeze-dried mixed berries
- 1 bag coconut flakes
- 1 bag freeze dried bananas
Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment.
In a large bowl, blend all dry ingredients, except pecans, together well.
In a saucepot or sauté pan over medium-heat, stir slurry ingredients together until mixture comes to a simmer or 180 F.
Stir in pecans until well coated then stir coated pecans into a bowl with dry ingredients until pecans are well coated with oats mixture.
Turn mixture onto the prepared sheet pan, spreading the mixture out in a single layer.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Cool completely before serving.
To add a tropical flair to your trail mix, add freeze-dried fruits such as bananas and mixed berries to up spruce up your hiking snack.