Bake a batch of these ooey, gooey iced cinnamon rolls and freeze them for a week of easy breakfasts.
For the dough
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup Warm water ¾ cup Warm water
- 1 package Active dry yeast 1 package Active dry yeast
- 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Salt
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 2 tablespoon 2 tablespoon Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, at softened 1 stick Unsalted butter, at softened
For the filling:
- Domino® Dark Brown Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Raisins ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ stick Unsalted butter, melted ½ stick Unsalted butter, melted
- Domino Granulated Sugar for sprinkling Domino Granulated Sugar for sprinkling
For the icing
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add warm water and yeast, stirring to dissolve yeast. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and sugar. With a pastry blender or fork, blend in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually blend the mixtures together; dough will be loose and a little sticky.
Gather dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes. Form dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Place it in a warm place and let the dough rest until it doubles its size. When ready, roll dough into an oblong shape on a well-floured surface, about 1/4 inch thick.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheet.
In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and pecans. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll dough up to form a jelly roll.
With a serrated knife, cut the roll into 1-inch slices. Place slices on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart and allow to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Generously sprinkle rolls with the granulated sugar.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow rolls to cool slightly on wire racks placed over waxed paper.
Mix the confectioners' sugar and milk together in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls and serve.
Rolls can be wrapped in foil and individually frozen. To serve, heat in preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes.