Hypnotic swirls of cinnamon and Domino® Dark Brown Sugar twist through these warm, chewy rolls topped with sweet, simple icing.
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup Warm water ¾ cup Warm water
- 1 package Active dry yeast 1 package Active dry yeast
- 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Salt
- Domino® Granulated Sugar 2 tablespoon 2 tablespoon Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened
- Domino® Dark Brown Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Raisins ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ stick Unsalted butter, melted ½ stick Unsalted butter, melted
- Domino Granulated Sugar for sprinkling Domino Granulated Sugar for sprinkling
- Domino® Powdered Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk 2-3 tablespoons milk
Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add warm water and yeast, stirring to dissolve yeast. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and Domino® Granulated Sugar. With a pastry blender or fork, blend in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture and the beaten eggs. Gradually blend the mixtures together; dough will be loose and a little sticky. Use a rubber spatula at first. Then, switch to your hands to mix the dough.
Gather dough onto a floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes. The dough is ready when it passes the windowpane test. Stretch a tiny piece of the dough, if you can see light through it, then the gluten has been developed enough. Form dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Place it in a warm place and let the dough rest until it doubles its size. When ready, roll dough into an oblong shape on a well-floured surface, about 1/4 inch thick.
Spray a 9X13 pan with baking spray. Line the bottoms and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper. Spray again.
In a bowl, mix together Domino® Dark Brown Sugar, cinnamon, raisins and pecans. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll dough up to form a jelly roll. Roll tightly.
With a serrated knife, cut the roll into 1-inch slices. Place slices on prepared baking pan. Allow to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Generously sprinkle rolls with Domino® Granulated Sugar. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow rolls to cool slightly for 10 minutes.
Mix the Domino® Powdered Sugar and milk together in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls and serve.
Rolls can be wrapped in foil and individually frozen. To serve, heat in preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes.