- 6 medium (approximately 3 cups) sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Yields: 12 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly spray or brush sweet potato skins with vegetable oil. Place in oven on a foil-lined pan or cookie sheet and bake for approximately 50 minutes. Potatoes will be soft to the touch when done. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and allow cooling to touch, and then peel off skins.
In the meantime, add heavy cream and butter to a small saucepan and reduce by half. Reserve.
In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add remaining ingredients and the cream mixture. Continue mashing either by hand or with a food processor until all ingredients are combined and purée is smooth.
Transfer purée into a casserole dish and serve.
- Purée can be made a day ahead and reheated just before serving.