Chocolate and vanilla buttery cookie dough.
NEW Domino Golden Sugar 3.125 LB Easy Baking Tub
Our new Domino Golden Sugar Easy Baking Tub will make your baking more convenient. Domino Golden Sugar is scoopable directly from the tub which clicks closed for confident resealing and it even has windows to see when the sugar is running low.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- Domino® Golden Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg 1 large Egg
- 3 ¾ cups All-purpose flour 3 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Whole milk 2 tablespoons Whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz. Unsweetened chocolate, melted 2 oz. Unsweetened chocolate, melted
In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat at medium speed butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture alternating with the milk. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition until combined.
Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Add melted chocolate to one part and knead the dough until the chocolate is completely incorporated into the dough.
Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Roll out each piece of dough into a 12x9-inch rectangle on top of parchment paper. Invert chocolate dough onto vanilla dough, peel off parchment paper. Roll up dough like you will a jelly roll. Starting with the long side. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut into ¼-inch slices. Use a sharp knife to cut. Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from oven, let the rest for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
This cookie dough recipe can be used to bake different varieties of cookies adding different flavors, and toppings. Make it your own.