- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 – 15 oz. can (1 ¾ cups) 100% pure pumpkin 1 – 15 oz. can (1 ¾ cups) 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable stock or chicken broth 2 cups unsalted vegetable stock or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground dried sage ¼ teaspoon ground dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
Sweet Ginger Cream
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup sour cream ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sprigs fresh sage and toasted hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) sprigs fresh sage and toasted hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
In medium saucepot over medium heat combine oil and butter until butter melts.
Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent; then, set aside to cool to room temperature. Add onion to the mini food processor and puree the garlic and onion together.
Pour the pureed mixture back into the saucepot and, over medium heat, whisk in remaining bisque ingredients.
Bring bisque to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes before serving.
Sweet Ginger Cream
In medium mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Cover and chill Sweet Ginger Cream until ready to serve,
Portion 1 cup of bisque in serving bowls and swirl in 2 tablespoons of Sweet Ginger Cream.
For fresh herbs and spices, use about 3/4 teaspoon of fresh sage for the bisque and about 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger for the Sweet Ginger Cream. Both the bisque and sweet ginger cream can be made up to 3 days in advance of serving.
If using an immersion blender, skip the food processor step and blend all ingredients in pot together until smooth before heating in soup bowl.