Thick, chewy and delicious, our cinnamon-sugar cookies taste exactly as good as they look and get their soft texture from Domino® Light Brown Sugar.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, at room temperature ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup Vegetable shortening ½ cup Vegetable shortening
- Domino® Golden Sugar 2 ½ cups, divided 2 ½ cups, divided Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Cream of tartar 2 teaspoons Cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 3/4 cups All-purpose flour 2 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, and 1 ½ cups of sugar until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
In a medium bowl, mix remaining 1 cup of sugar with cinnamon. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop balls of dough into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Coat the balls completely.
Transfer the balls of dough onto the prepared pans. Flatten the dough gently with your hand.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.