- Prepared pastry for one-crust 9-inch pie
- 4 eggs
- 1 (1 lb.) package (approx. 2 1/4 cups) Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry; trim and flute edges.
Beat eggs in a small bowl until frothy; set aside.
Combine sugar and water in 2-quart heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a full rolling boil; cook for 3 minutes. Slowly pour small amount into eggs, whisking constantly. Then continue to pour syrup and whisk until all syrup is added.
Add pecans, butter and vanilla to mixture. Pour filling into prepared pie pan.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until set. Cool.
- For a bottom crust that's nicely browned, use a glass or dull metal pie plate. The shinier the pie plate, the longer the crust takes to bake and the more likely the bottom pastry crust will be soggy.
- To make Walnut Pie or Almond Pie, substitute walnut halves or whole toasted almonds for pecans.