Apple Cider Madeleines dipped in White Chocolate and Candied Pecans
- 1 Large Egg White 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon Water 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 Cup 1 Cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Pecan Pieces 2 Cups Pecan Pieces
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled) 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 Cup Apple Cider (reduced to ¼ Cup) 1 Cup Apple Cider (reduced to ¼ Cup)
- ¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour ¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Cloves ¼ teaspoon Cloves
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1/2 Cup 1/2 Cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 Large eggs 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
White chocolate dip:
- 8 ounces Melted White Baking Chocolate 8 ounces Melted White Baking Chocolate
Bring 1 Cup Apple Cider to a boil in a small saucepan, the reduce temperature at let simmer until reduced to ¼ Cup. Let cool. Set aside while you prepare the candied pecans.
Make candied pecan pieces:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl rapidly whisk egg white, water, and vanilla until super frothy.
Stir together Domino® Golden Sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a separate small bowl.
Pour pecan pieces into egg mixture and fold with spatula to evenly coat.
Add sugar mixture and fold again to coat.
Transfer coated pecans to baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, give a light toss every 15 minutes to prevent burning.
Let candied pecans completely cool.
Melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter and paint into madeleine wells of 12 count scallop madeleine pan with a pastry brush. Place pan in freezer while making batter.
In a large bowl, hand whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
Using a sperate bowl and a hand mixer, beat Domino® Golden Sugar with eggs and vanilla until light and foamy. 6-8 minutes. Add cooled apple cider and mix to combine.
Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and fold in with rubber spatula. Continue with remaining flour.
Slowly pour in cooled melted butter and fold into mixture.
Transfer batter to a large piping bag.
Remove pan from freezer and pipe batter to fill ¾ of each well or 1.5 Tbsp.
Place madeleine pan in freezer to chill for 20-25 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden on the edges and puffy in the center.
Immediately tap madeleines out onto a cooling rack. Wash mold and repeat with second batch.
Melt white chocolate using a double boiler until mostly soft. Then stir until smooth.
Dip edge of cooled madeleines into melted white chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle candied pecans onto melted chocolate and let set.
Serve with milk and coffee.
If you don’t have a piping bag, simply use a resealable storage bag and snip off one corner with scissors.
Microwaving white chocolate in heat-proof bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals is an alternative option to using the double boiler method.