Sweet and savory brittle, with a light and crisp texture.
- Domino® Golden Sugar 1 ½ cups 1 ½ cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- ½ cup Water ½ cup Water
- 1 ½ cups Roasted and salted almonds 1 ½ cups Roasted and salted almonds
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, combine Domino Golden sugar and water and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Using a pastry brush, brush down any crystals from the side of the pan. Insert the candy thermometer and cook the syrup until it registers 235°to 240°.
Add almonds and continue cooking until deep golden color forms and the thermometer read 300°.
Remove from the heat and immediately stir in butter, baking soda, and vanilla. The caramel will bubble.
Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it in an even layer with the back of a spoon greased with a little butter.
Let cool completely, and then break into pieces
The brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.