Thickly sliced Gala apples are sautéed with butter, cinnamon and Domino® Light Brown Sugar until lightly caramelized to make this fresh, flavorful dessert.
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened
- 6 medium Gala apples, cored and sliced (thick slice) 6 medium Gala apples, cored and sliced (thick slice)
- Domino® Golden Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- Domino® Light Brown Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet and allow to lightly brown. Add both sugars, cinnamon, and apple slices. Stir to mix well. Cover with aluminum foil and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
Uncover apples and add vanilla. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 5-10 more minutes.
Serve apples with vanilla or rum raisin ice cream as a dessert. For breakfast, serve over waffles or pancakes.