- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Anise seeds, crushed
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time : 1:30 minute each Pizzelle / Yields: 18 pizzelles
Step by Step Instructions:
Place eggs, sugar in a large bowl. Beat for 3 minutes until the mixture becomes lighter. Slowly, add melted butter to the egg mixture. Add vanilla and anise seeds.
Heat pizzelle press.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Carefully add to the egg-sugar mixture. Beat until all the ingredients are just combined. Do not overbeat.
Add about 2 tablespoons of batter on the center of the pizzelle pattern. Press for 1:30 minutes or until golden brown. Using a spatula, remove from the press and place in a cooling rack. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Add 2 teaspoons of freshly grated lemon zest instead of the anise seeds for a citrusy twist.
- For ease of handling the batter, you may use a small ice cream scoop to place the batter in the press.